KWV Public School celebrated their 4th Annual Day on the 13th of March 2019.
Children’s Day was celebrated at the school, The guest Mr.Chandra B Rasaily, a multi talented artist in the field of Painting, Sculpture and poetry enlightened the students of the school.
One of the major benefactors of the Ashram and the school is The Brij Foundation. During the Inauguration Function, Ms. Renu Brij of The Brij Foundation, expressed her wish to donate a computer lab to the school. The ashram gratefully accepted the gracious offer. A well-equipped ‘Rusi Brij Computer Lab’ was inaugurated by Ms. Brij on June 29, 2016.
This year also, Brij Foundation funded the admission fee of BPL children seeking admission to the school.
In the aftermath of the ‘Himalayan Tsunami’ of 2013 the just born Ashram joined hand with INTACH, New Delhi Chapter, to bring relief to the devastated area. The Ashram contributed Rudraksh and Avocado, the fruits of which have immense health benefits, saplings to plant on the Himalayan slopes. Both are likely to improve financial health of the area to a great extent.
In line with its objective of bringing affordable high standard education to all, particularly to children of economically weak families, and help deprived village children to compete with their urban counterparts, be it in education, competitive examinations or employment, the Ashram founded KWV Public School at Dr. Bhatnagar’s farm. The school is a small initial step to realise the vision of the Trustees, the vision being
(1) To provide top class education to children of all economic and social levels, to build up their confidence and help them make informed decisions.
(2) To bridge the gap between privileged and unprivileged children which can be done only by bringing them together and treating them as equals.
(3) To enable the below poverty level children also to attend school. The Ashram has, therefore, earmarked 50% seats for economically weaker sections – half of them to be
allowed free-ships while the other half would pay only half the fee. The Ashram would also provide school uniforms free of cost to such students who are unable to pay
(4) To inculcate in children the values which will help them become good, responsible citizens of the country, to develop in them wisdom and goodness and a sense of social
(5) To encourage curiosity among children so that they may continue to learn new things throughout their lives, ask questions about what is happening around them.
The school was inaugurated on March 13, 2016 by Smt. Kamla Pant, Convenor of Uttarakhand Mahila Manch.